Introducing our 100% All-Natural Petals Facial Collection
Exfoliate, Hydrate And Restore
- This collection all started with the Petals Facial Polish--it is our bestseller
- Our facial polish, floral hydrating waters and serum is prepared in small batches to guarantee the purity and efficacy of its treatment.
- An integral part of our protocol is Rose Absolute and Camellia Seed Oil.
- All the restorative plant-based oils work in concert to soothe sensitive skin, promote skin tissue regeneration and replenish much needed balance and elasticity promoting a healthy appearance.
New formula.We are very excited to announce that Ojai Sugar’s products are now packaged in recyclable, glass containers. Our decision to switch from plastic to glass packaging was to protect the integrity of our product and to be environmental stewards--recycle, reuse, repurpose. Health safety and sustainability.
Our signature body x foliant is still the same high quality product using only mindfully sourced ingredients that are vegan friendly with zero parabens, sulfates or water. Each blend has been formulated to prevent separation of the oils and sugar which makes for a more even application of the product. Blended with all natural emulsifiers to create a fluffy mixture of pumpkin seed butter, botanical oils, kosher grade--vegetable based glycerin an effective humectant that retains moisture. Your skin will feel hydrated and silky soft. With hand-pored essential oils to stimulate your senses and make your bathroom smell awesome.
Safety. Glass is made from all-natural raw materials. Other packaging materials, such as PVC, can have negative effects on the product ingredients affecting our health and the environment. Our chemical-free glass containers preserve the products’ longevity and maintain the vibrancy and integrity of the therapeutic-grade essential oils.
Sustainability. Glass is a 100% recyclable mono-material that can be recycled continuously without losing its purity or quality.
1oz facial oil with essential oils rose, rose geranium, cistus (rockrose), neroli. With borage, sea buckthorn and rosehip. It will complement the facial polish step by providing everyday balance, soft, supple skin and target specific areas that need additional attention.
Camellia Seed oil will be the anchor for this serum. Camellia or Tsubaki oil, is rich in oleic acid and vitamins A, B, D and E as well as nourishing Omega 3, 6 and 9. The molecular weight of the oil is an almost identical match for skin, allowing it to absorb quickly and thoroughly. Camellia oil has more naturally-occurring antioxidants than almost any other botanically derived oil. The winter-blooming flower was harvested for centuries by women famed for their glowing skin and long, lustrous hair. The geisha adopted their secret, using the oil to remove their iconic stage makeup and nourish their skin. The two oils below are a little more dense and oiler in texture but, together should blend a nice treatment for dry, sensitive and mature skin.
Borage is a little known secret for keeping your skin healthy. It is a natural oil that not only restores moisture and smoothness to dry and damaged skin, but can also provide relief to people who suffer from chronic skin disorders such as eczema and atopic dermatitis. The essential fatty acid gamma linolenic acid (GLA) from borage has shown to be one of the most effective agents for the treatment of skin disorders and for the maintenance of healthy skin. The fatty acid profile of borage is unique in that it contains 24 percent GLA. Evening primrose oil contains 8 to 10 percent GLA and black currant oil contains 15 to 17 percent.
Rosehip Seed, Rosa rubiginosa, is exceptionally active. Studies have shown it to be one of the most regenerative oils, improving skin texture, and reducing scars and skin discoloration. It's a perfect addition to anti-aging products as it helps to smooth out facial lines, and wrinkles, while moisturizing, and hydrating, the skin at a cellular level.
Sea Buckthorn, this fruit is loaded with antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, and studies show that these two nutrient powerhouses can prevent wrinkles. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, one form of vitamin E, in particular, alpha tocopherol, reduced skin roughness, length of facial lines and the depth of wrinkles when applied topically. Rich in anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids, sea buckthorn can be helpful for inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, and even acne. Again, the anti-inflammatory effects of Sea Buckthorn Berry oil may be beneficial for rosacea. Sea Buckthorn contains more than 10 times the amount of vitamin C found in oranges offering maximum amounts of antioxidants.
The first and most important thing you can do “right now” is to drink plenty of water. It’s not only the best for your skin but, also the most cost effective—especially throughout this season, which tends to suck the moisture out of every “living” thing. Think of Fall Leaves on the ground “brittle and cracked”. Dehydration is the main culprit behind dull skin and wrinkles, and it doesn’t just affect dry skin types but oily skin as well. Keep your skin healthy and soft by hydrating your skin from within.
Exercise to sweat increases blood circulation, bringing nourishment to your skin cells and alleviates stress, which will actually improve your overall complexion. Sweating opens your pores and helps rid your body of toxins that cause pimples and breakouts. Exercise regularly and your skin will thank you for it.
During deep sleep, your skin rests and heals. Beauty sleep isn’t a myth - getting enough sleep will help your skin appear more youthful and rejuvenated. Take advantage of the rise in growth hormones in your body, which help repair damaged cells during sleep. Try using a hydrating facial polish before you go to bed at night in order to wake up moisturized and bring out your glow below.
Your skin is always producing new cells, and when the new cells appear, the dead ones stay on the surface, keeping your skin looking dull and dry. Exfoliating once a week will remove skin cell buildup and leave your skin looking brighter and more youthful. It will also give your moisturizers easier access to your pores, allowing them to penetrate your skin more effectively.
Exfoliation / Why and How
Exfoliation for most people is a new term and definitely not part of their regular skincare routine. I get asked frequently why is it’s important and what’s in it for me. The older you get the more important this will become but why wait, when you can be preventative and reap the benefits now. Whether its bikini season or the middle of winter when the air tends to suck the moisture out a room and our skin, exfoliating from head to toe will get you glowing. Our bodies exfoliate dead skin from the surface naturally but, over time that process slows down. This is why our skin becomes less absorbent as we age. Have you ever applied lotion and it just moves around on the surface without absorbing and afterwards your skin still feels dry and itchy? If you answered yes to any or all; suggests it’s time to exfoliate!
Ojai Sugar® All Natural exfoliation for body and face will help you look and feel great in your own skin. Recommended one a week at a minimum or as needed to address dry, itchy skin.
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and yucky stuff from the surface which promotes new—fresh skin cell growth.
- It also improves circulation, which also creates a balance in the body’s production of its own natural oils.
- Will thoroughly cleanse, moisturize and refresh deeper than regular soaps and body washes. No need for lotion afterwards.
- It will minimize pores and eliminate red bumps from shaving. Pay attention—this is for men as well when shaving their faces or perhaps their heads. Our Forest Musk blend is a favorite with many men because it also acts as a “one of a kind” aftershave scent—very earthy, very sensuous. I love it when my husband uses it.
- Experience the aromatherapy from our unique scents. We use plant-based essential oils with therapeutic properties that truly reflect the beauty and diversity of Ojai and Central California.
- After using the product on your legs and rinsing off, you can shave without having to add another product e.g. shaving cream because your skin will be fully moisturized.
- Ojai Sugar products will not disturb the skin’s natural pH balance.
What you need
- A shower
- Ojai Sugar® Body Scrub
- Petals Facial Polish for the Face
What you DON’T need, is a dry body brush, loofah, or bath sponge. The sugar is the vehicle that will scrub away all the dead skin cells and gunk on the skin’s surface allowing it to absorb all the awesome moisturizing oils.
- Step into the shower and get you skin slightly wet. For a more aggressive exfoliation you can apply to dry skin.
- Remember - do not get water in your jar as water dissolves sugar making sugar soup.
- A little goes a long way. Use your scoop or hand to apply. Start with a small amount.
- Rub in a circular motion starting at you’re your lower extremities e.g. feet and hands; working your way up your body towards the heart which will help stimulate the lymphatic system and promote good circulation.
- Rub the product until the sugar dissolves and all you feel are the oils. You can leave it on your skin as long as you like. Rinse off before leaving the shower.
- For the feet, we recommend the Peppermint Foot Scrub due to the menthol in peppermint which cools and relaxes hot, achy feet and helps to reduce swelling. Doesn’t that sound divine after a long day of long day in the heat walking??
- For the face, we recommend Petals Facial Polish. It’s a much finer grain of sugar for the delicate skin on our face and hands. Do you ever wonder why men don’t tend to show their age in their faces like us women? This is more noticeable in ages 40 and up. Well, one of the reasons is they shave! Yes, shaving is another form of exfoliation. Women don’t need to shave but, why not get the benefits. Petals will exfoliate the dead skin yet, it does so much more with the pure essential rose oil; think of a rose petal—soft and supple full of moisture.
Try moisturizing your skin from the inside out. Exfoliation is important to the overall health, look, and feel of your skin.
Our skin is the first line of defense against all types of elements, including bacteria and pollutants. It maintains a specific pH balance that protects the surface of the skin while creating a hostile environment for bacteria and fungus. A normal skin surface should have a pH level in the range of 4 to 6.5, though there are specific variations for different areas of the body. Most bar soaps have a high pH (in the area of 9 to 10), and skin's natural pH is 5.5. This means that soaps and other like products can change the balance present in the skin to favor the overgrowth of some types of bacteria, promoting acne, psoriasis and eczema conditions.
Ojai Sugar products will not disturb the skin’s natural pH balance.